Join The Society of Young Magicians!
If you are the ages of seven through seventeen, and are interested in the performance of magic, you’ve come to the right place. Magic tricks and magicians are having a resurgence of popularity again thanks in part to performers like David Copperfield, Lance Burton, Mac King, and Penn and Teller. Many celebrities started out as young magicians including Johnny Carson, Dick Cavett, Neil Patrick Harris, Jason Alexander, Muhammad Ali, Steve Martin, General Norman Schwartzkopf and Woody Allen.
Magic as a hobby?
It’s not just about the secrets. Performing the art of magic as a hobby produces some great positive results including:
- Confidence by performing in front of people and entertaining them
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Discipline in the study of the craft
- Trust in the keeping of secrets and methods
- Friendships around the world with other fellow magic enthusiasts
- Popularity and the ability to make new friends
- Studies in art and culture
Is it hard to perform magic?
Like any art, it takes practice and a willingness to study. Of course it also has to be fun! Much like music lessons, some people play at home for family while others become concert maestros. Whether you perform magic for your friends or as a way to pay for college, amazing your audience can be a very rewarding experience.
A Message from our Executive Director:
As Executive Director of the Society of Young Magicians, I want to welcome you to this website. If you have an interest in performing magic, you’ve come to the right place! Whether you join one of our local chapters (Assemblies) or become a National member, I am sure the S.Y.M. can assist you in becoming a great magical entertainer. Take a look around and, if you have any questions, feel free to write to me.
S.Y.M. Executive Director
Want to join? First, read this pledge:
S.Y.M. Membership Pledge
• I promise to do my best to improve the Art of Magic and to follow the rules of the Society of Young Magicians.
• I agree not to tell any of the secrets of magic to anyone who is not a magician and to try to discourage others from telling these secrets.
• I will be honest and fair as a magician and try to cooperate with others who are interested in magic.
• I agree to help other magicians in any way that I can. I will encourage them to perfect our art. I will not make fun of or ridicule the efforts of any magician.
• I will strive to use my magic in a positive way for my personal enjoyment and for the amazement and enjoyment of my family, friends and others.
or download the S.Y.M. application by Clicking HERE.